top of page
  • scott72509

SoundProofing vs. Sound Absorption - Is there a difference?


Controlling the sound that comes into a meeting room from an exterior space is called Soundproofing. Here are some things to consider when you want to stop or reduce noise from travelling into your meeting room through walls, ceilings, floors, doors and windows.

1.Seal the gaps: Control the sound transferred through meeting room doors by ensuring all air gaps and cracks are as airtight as possible. Install door sweeps to control the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor.

2.Flooring underlayment: easy to install and can improve the sound quality within the room.

3.Soundproofing Insulation: decrease the transfer of sound by installing insulation into new meeting room construction.

4.Soundproofing Barriers – a flexible peel-and-stick or quilt that you can hang or lay for a temporary portable soundproofing solution.

5.Soundproof Curtains –using heavy vinyl curtains is an affordable option to block and contain sound.

6.Window films – transparent vinyl barriers offer noise reduction while still allowing meeting room visibility.


When you need to stop noise from bouncing around the room or blocking sensitive information from being overheard outside the space then a sound absorption product will need to be considered.

1.Fiberglass Acoustic Panels – a lightweight and versatile solution that can be customized to fit your office space aesthetics.

2.Acoustic Foam – an affordable easy to install solution for absorbing and removing echoes and background noise.

3.Acoustic Partitions – when you want to divide a space and need a temporary sound solution.

4.Acoustic Cotton – eco-friendly alternative to fiberglass or mineral wool panels.

5.Hanging Baffles – when you have little wall space this is an effective acoustic solution that suspends down from your ceiling space.

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page